Unresolved issues and damaging emotional patterns are two significant obstacles that prevent couples from building and enjoying a profound level of connection. If you and your partner are struggling to move beyond trauma, addiction, or unhealthy emotional cycles, a couples workshop intensive with Adena can help you learn how to settle differences with mutual respect and reset your relationship with enhanced trust, joy, and laughter.
Adena Bank Lees has designed private couples workshop intensives that are offered both virtually and in-person. These workshops offer a corrective emotional experience and are tailored for you and your partner to explore the unresolved problems that need to be addressed. Through ABL® Trauma-Responsive Psychodrama, gentle and powerful techniques allow for the rewrite of your relationship story to include your shared hopes and dreams. In addition, you’ll also work together to:
- Convert protective walls into a safe bridge of trust with your partner.
- Transform relationship-defeating, looping arguments and behaviors into words of compassion and effective action.
- Learn and practice how to argue and resolve issues successfully.
- Acquire and enhance healthy emotional self-regulation, self-soothing, and containment skills.
The couples workshop intensive is designed for couples who:
- Are both adults, 25 years of age or older
- Are actively engaged in psychotherapy (either individual or couple)
- Have 1+ years of recovery from addiction
- Utilize an already established support system
- Are not currently responding to other interventions
- Are medically and psychiatrically stable
- In need of a “tune-up” to achieve a deeper level of understanding and connection
Please note that this couples workshop intensive is NOT suited for disclosures of affairs and/or couples where domestic violence is an issue.
Looking for pre-marital counseling?
For couples who meet all of the criteria above and are seeking pre-marital counseling, we can tailor this workshop intensive to work on the specific issues you are facing in your relationship. You and your partner will learn strategies for improved communication, how to face conflict with mutual respect, and how to build strong and healthy emotional bonds.